Monday, June 11, 2012

Gear reviews

I am not a gear review guy, because:

  • There is no accounting for taste - just because another fellow likes it doesn't mean you or I will.
  • When was the last time you saw a bad review - they are bullshit, free ads so the reviewer can get free gear. Just my opinion.
  • I only have two reasons.
But I found a fly fishing product that I think is a great idea, so I will share it and let you decide. Headhunter's Fly Shop has started selling kits that include everything you need to tie 20-plus of a number of effective Missouri River flies, called "Just Add Vise". They even include a QR code that will take you to the video of the step-by-step. 
Stolen from their facebook page. Copyright 2012 Headhunters Fly Shop. 

I don't think I've ever had all the ingredients for any fly I've ever tied unless I specifically bought them for it. If I am sitting at home and decide I'd like to try that pattern I used the other day, I ALWAYS have to substitute. 
Headhunters should probably patent this. At least I hope I see this become a trend.

1 comment:

Kevin Frank said...

This post inspired me to do some fly fishing gear reviews of my own.