Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Not good for the ego

The fishing was fine - it wasn't that. It was what happened when I squatted to pick up our empties as were packing up after floating the lower Madison last Friday. SCREEEEPPPTCHHHH! I blew the ass out of my Simms Classic Guide waders. These are, by many accounts, the best wader ever made and they no longer make them. They were my favorite waders, and I'm pretty sure they're unfixable. Bulletproof, my ass (pun intended).
Anyhow, the fishing was fine - there were baetis, March browns, caddis and zillions of midges out. We were getting them on the size 14 P-tail, the baetis emerger, and, if you can believe this, the crayfish. 

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Just retired my classic Guide Waders too...they were the best and saw some great days on the river(s). Sorry dude.

Josh Bergan said...

Thanks for the sympathy. I know some folks at Simms so I'm going to do my best to lobby them for another production run, but I'm sure it'll be futile.