Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dries, nymphs and streamers

I guess sometimes you have to settle for the mini-victories in lieu of the grandiose triumphs. 



We floated a section of the Yellowstone River downstream of Livingston Saturday and it wasn't very productive (or we weren't). But we boated fish on dries, nymphs and streamers, touched a couple nice trout and paid some dues. If there was some powerful lesson to be taken or some eloquent soundbite I could recite, it'd make trips that like seem more worthwhile. Alas, I should be able find value in the trip itself, and value the fact I can do this type of thing basically every weekend. Ultimately I do. But some big trout would be nice.

2 comments:

Lefty Angler & Flies said...

Thanks for the report. I myself want to get out to Lower but am busy guiding in Upper and can't get a hold of buddies either.
Today, I just drove around every access below Livingston and saw lots of boats and vehicles for the weekend (I guess). Some fishing, others recreating. OK, I hold taking clients to Lower till I hear better report.

Josh Bergan said...

It wasn't great for us, but I have heard of other guides doing okay down there. The water's in good shape, and there were a few small hoppers around. Not huge numbers of bugs though.